Held at: University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center [Contact Us]3401 Market Street, Suite 210, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Society of the Alumni of the Department of Dentistry was formed on March 1, 1881 by the first three graduation classes from the University of Pennsylvania's new Department of Dentistry. Those present at the first meeting elected officers, formed a committee to draft a constitution, and sent out notification to other alumni. Over the years, the Society has grown as the Department of Dentistry developed into the School of Dental Medicine. One of the Society's activities was the publication of the Penn Dental Journal. Today the organization exists as the Dental Alumni Society.
The Society of the Alumni of the Department of Dentistry contains the record for the formation of the Dental Alumni Society from 1881 through to the mid-twentieth century. It consists of membership records, correspondence, meeting minutes, and copies of the Penn Dental Journal. The Records are not complete for the period.
The Society of the Alumni of the Department of Dentistry Records are organized into one series and arranged alphabetically.
The Society of the Alumni of the Department of Dentistry Records came from files in the Dental School Library Historical Collection (UPC 4.11), and from files transferred from the School of Dental Medicine Library to the University Archive (Accession Number 2015:018, May 2015).
- University of Pennsylvania: University Archives and Records Center
- Finding Aid Author
- Joseph - James Ahern
- Finding Aid Date
- July 2015
- Access Restrictions
Access to collections is granted in accordance with the Protocols for the University Archives and Records Center.