Brookline Women's Club records
Held at: Haverford Township Historical Society [Contact Us]PO Box 825, Havertown, PA, 19083
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Haverford Township Historical Society. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Brookline Women's Club was a social and service organization for women in the Brookline neighborhood of Haverford Township, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. The group was active from the early 20th century until the first years of the 21st century.
The collection primarily consists of club financial records with a small amount of other materials such as correspondence, guest books, and field trip planning materials.
Financial records include cancelled checks, check stubs, treasurer's reports (1950-1984), and one volume from 1916 to 1917.
Other materials in the collection include guest books, circa 1950s, and a small amount of correspondence with the Delaware County Federation of Women's Clubs (DCFWC) and other DCFCW-related materials, circa 1970s.
Gift, circa 2008.
Summary descriptive information on this collection was compiled in 2012-2014 as part of a project conducted by the Historical Society of Pennsylvania to make better known and more accessible the largely hidden collections of small, primarily volunteer run repositories in the Philadelphia area. The Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories (HCI-PSAR) was funded by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
This is a preliminary finding aid. No physical processing, rehousing, reorganizing, or folder listing was accomplished during the HCI-PSAR project.
In some cases, more detailed inventories or finding aids may be available on-site at the repository where this collection is held; please contact Haverford Township Historical Society directly for more information.
- Brookline Women's Club (Brookline, Pa.)
- Delaware County Federation of Women's Clubs (Delaware County, Pa.)
- Haverford Township Historical Society
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Celia Caust-Ellenbogen and Sarah Leu through the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories
- This preliminary finding aid was created as part of the Historical Society of Pennsylvania's Hidden Collections Initiative for Pennsylvania Small Archival Repositories. The HCI-PSAR project was made possible by a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
Contact Haverford Township Historical Society for information about accessing this collection.