American Institute of Chemical Engineers founding letters
Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers is an American non-profit organization for chemical engineering professionals. The organization was founded in 1908 by William M. Booth, Arthur D. Little, Charles F. McKenna, Richard K. Meade, John C. Olsen, and William H. Walker. Headquartered in New York City, its membership consists of chemical engineering professionals working in industry academia, and government.
For a more detailed inventory, please view this record in our library catalog: https://othmerlib.sciencehistory.org/record=b1087599~S6
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers Founding Letters contains sixty-one documents, predominately letters, chronicling the beginnings of the organization between 1907 and 1920.
Early correspondence of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers Founding Letters were donated to the Science History Institute (formerly the Chemical Heritage Foundation) by Charles J. Knuth in September 1997.
Source of acquisition--Knuth, Charles J.. Method of acquisition--Gift;; Date of acquisition--1997..
- Science History Institute Archives