Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Arranged alphabetically by company, the John E. Mehren Chemical Industries Publications Collection includes a collection of chemical industry marketing materials and technical bulletins from 1932 to 1992. Collected and maintained by John E. Mehren on the behalf of the PM Chemical Company, this collection includes publications and documents pertaining to the chemical industry during the twentieth century.
The John E. Mehren Chemical Industries Publications Collection was donated to the Science History Institute by John E. Mehren in May 2018.
- Allied Chemical Corporation
- American Chemical Society
- Beckman Instruments, Inc.
- Carbide and Carbon Chemicals Corporation
- Chemcentral Corporation
- Chemical Specialties Manufacturers Association
- Diamond Shamrock Corporation
- Dow Chemical Company
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company
- Gold Seal Company
- Hercules Powder Company
- Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (Firm)
- Mallinckrodt Chemical Works (Saint Louis, Mo.)
- McGraw-Hill Publications Company
- Milliken & Company
- Monsanto Chemical Company
- National Aniline and Chemical Company
- Oronite Chemical Company
- Pennsalt Chemicals Corporation
- Philadelphia Quartz Company
- PM Chemical Company
- Reichhold Chemicals
- Rohm and Haas Company
- Shell Chemical Company
- Stauffer Chemical Company
- Union Carbide Corporation
- United States Borax and Chemical Corporation
- United States. Department of Agriculture
- Westvaco Corporation
- Witco Chemical Corporation
- Woburn Degreasing Company of New Jersey
- Wyandotte Chemicals Corporation
- Science History Institute Archives
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid created and encoded into EAD by Sean Cureton.
- Finding Aid Date
- Access Restrictions
There are no access restrictions on the materials for research purposes and the collection is open to the public.
- Use Restrictions
The Science History Institute holds copyright to the John E. Mehren Chemical Industries Publications Collection. The researcher assumes full responsibility for all copyright, property, and libel laws as they apply.