Miscellaneous records of the Chemists' Club
Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Chemists Club was an offshoot of the New York City chapter of the American Chemical Society. It was founded as a place where academic and industrial chemists could meet and recreate. The Chemists Club was founded in New York City in 1898 as a meeting place for chemists living in or visiting the New York City area.
This is a miscellany containing many different types of information. It serves as a indicator of the variety of social offered by the club in its earliest years.
This is a collection of miscellaneous announcements, notices book lists, programs and menus, all issued by the Chemists Club of New York City between 1899 and 1911.
Columbia University Archives-Columbiana Library.
Source of acquisition--Columbia University Archives-Columbiana Library. Method of acquisition--gift;; Date of acquisition--2006..
- Science History Institute Archives