Leebert Lloyd Lamborn notebooks
Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Leebert Lloyd Lamborn was born in 1874 and graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1896. These notebooks probably date from his early professional employment. Lamborn went on to author two well-regarded textbooks on this subject: Cottonseed Products: A Manual of the Treatment of Cottonseed for its Products and their Utilization in the Arts (1904) and Modern Soaps, Candles and Glycerin (1920).
This collection consists of two notebooks compiled by Leebert Lloyd Lamborn while employed by Curtis, Davis & Co., a Boston manufacturer of soaps and soap-making machinery. They are partially handwritten by Lamborn and partially commonplace books into which Lamborn has pasted useful items of interest. The topics found in the notebooks include soaps, soap-making, cottonseed oil and oleos.
Source of acquisition--Purchase . Date of acquisition--2005..
- Margarine -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Cottonseed oil -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Soap -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Soap trade -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Oils and fats -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Gums and resins -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Lanolin -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Perfumes -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
- Science History Institute Archives