Records of the Mining Club
Held at: Science History Institute Archives [Contact Us]315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Science History Institute Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Mining Club was founded in New York City in 1930. It enjoyed its heyday during the period of the 1940s and 1950s.
For a more detailed inventory, please view this record in our library catalog: https://othmerlib.sciencehistory.org/record=b1051097~S6
Aside from the Minutes which despite missing several volumes are relatively comprehensive, the other items provide a snapshot into the activities of the club. The Administrative Files are relatively late, while the Secretary's Files cover the club's middle years.
Arranged into three series. Series 1 Minutes of Meetings 1930-1984 ; Series 2 Administrative Files ; Secretary & Asst. Secretary Files 1948- 1963; Series 3 Building Space Plans and leases.
The Mining Club leased storage space within The Chemists' Club and their files came to CHF with the Chemists' Club materials.
The Mining Club papers came to CHF as part of a larger collection of records and papers of The Chemists' Club.
- Science History Institute Archives