Held at: Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Standing Nominating Committee of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting was responsible for the nominations of members of PYM to hold offices in various Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Committees.
Records of Standing Nominating Committee of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting among the "Papers (1950-1951)" described below include minutes from the Committee's annual sessions and lists of officers in other Committees (PYM and a few outside) who are scheduled for new appointments. The Committees included in this collection are the Committee on Arrangements, Friends Council on Education, Committee on Epistles, Extension Committee, Committee on Family Relationships, Friends Committee on National Legislation, Peace Committee, Planning Committee for Philadelphia General Meeting, Committee on Race Relations, Committee on Religious Education, Social Order Committee, Westtown School Committee, Young Friends Movement, and Committee to Prepare Minute of Exercises.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Standing Nominating Committee
- Social Order Committee (Society of Friends : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Young Friends Movement (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (U.S.)
- Friends Council on Education (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Finding Aid Author
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Finding Aid Date
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
- Use Restrictions
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Affiliation: OrthodoxPhysical Location
Haverford College Quaker and Special Collections