Lee Preparative Meeting Records
Held at: Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College [Contact Us]
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Lee Preparative Meeting was reportedly established in 1817 as a part of Galway Monthly Meeting. In 1823, it was transferred along with Western Preparative to LeRay Monthly by Saratoga Quarterly Meeting. It became a part of Lowville Monthly Meeting on its establishment in 1825. The Hicksite branch of this meeting was laid down in 1828. The Orthodox branch became a part of Western Monthly Meeting on its establishment in 1843, and was laid down because of declining membership in 1871.
Records of Lee Preparative Meeting (Orthodox), 1840-1871. Includes: Minutes 1840-1871 and a library record.
Divided into series: Minutes: 1.1 1840-71; Misc.: 2.1 Library record n.d.
Transferred from Haviland Records Room by NYYM in 1997.
- Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
- Finding Aid Author
- Inventory prepared by: FHL Staff
- Finding Aid Date
- Access Restrictions
Where available, access is through microfilm.
- Use Restrictions
Information on reproduction policies available in the library.
Available on microfilm in the Library:
- Swarthmore: Microfilm MR-NY277
1 volumeMaterial Specific Details
- Swarthmore: No Film
1 folderMaterial Specific Details