Military Families Speak Out Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Military Families Speak Out is an organization of people opposed to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who have family members or loved ones currently in the military, or who have served in the military since the fall of 2002. MFSO was formed by two families in November of 2002, and has contacts with military families throughout the United States, and in other countries around the world.
This collection was arranged according to accession (when the material was received). The exception is that items from the national office were culled from the accessions and appear in box 1.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for these records.
Gift of Military Families Speak Out, Adele Kubein, and Paula Ragovin 2013 [Acc. 2013-069]; 2014 [Acc. 2014-013; 2014-015].
This collection processed and finding aid produced by Anne M. Yoder, Archivist, October 2014. This findin aid was updated by Wendy E. Chmielewski, November 2019.
- Audiovisual items
- Families of military personnel -- Political activity -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Iraq War, 2003-2011 -- Protest movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Afghan War, 2001- -- Protest movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Peace Movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
- Copyright to the Military Families Speak Out records created by the organization has been transferred to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Copyright to all other materials is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Use Restrictions