Alliance for Nuclear Accountability Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Alliance for Nuclear Accountability (ANA), is a national network of organizations working to address issues of nuclear weapons production and waste cleanup. The organization was founded in Colorado in 1987 as the Military Production Network (MPN). In 1997 the name was name to the Alliance for Nuclear Accountability. The headquarters of the organization are in Washington D.C. and its members work together as a network to influence national policies related to nuclear weapons production, testing, research, cleanup of contaminated sites, public safety, and worker health. ANA's list of member organizations has expanded to include groups working on the costs and consequences of nuclear power facilities as well.
This collection includes administrative and general records of the Alliance for Nuclear Accountability. It also includes information on the ANA's public campaigns, and general information on the topics of nuclear safety and regulation.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for the records of the Alliance for Nuclear Accountability and its predecessors.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for these records.
Gift of Alliance for Nuclear Accountability, 2012 [Acc. 2012-023], 2014 [Acc. 2014-044], 2017 [Acc. 2017-074].
For the catalog record for this collection and to find materials on similar topics, search the library's online catalog.
This collection is unprocessed and remains in the order in which it was donated. This finding aid was updated by Mislav Forrester, May 2013; and by SCPC staff in 2017.
- Posters removed to SCPC Poster Collection
- Digital images removed to SCPC AV and Digital Collections
- Audiovisual items removed to SCPC AV Collection
- Books removed to SCPC Book Collection
- Periodicals removed to SCPC Peridocial Collection
- Photographs, slides, and oversized photograph removed to SCPC Photograph Collection
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
- Copyright to the Alliance for Nuclear Accountability records created by the organization has been transferred to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Copyright to all other materials is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Folder 1 of 3
Folder 2 of 3
Folder 3 of 3
(Folder 1 of 2)
(Folder 2 of 2)
Vol. II no. 1-35; Vol. III no. 1-5
Long-Lived Legacy; Hazards Ahead
Closing the Circle; Model; other misc.
CBO Staff Memorandum
Rocky Flats, Panhandle, other Western sites