New Call to Peacemaking Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
New Call to Peacemaking began as a cooperative effort of Brethren, Quakers and Mennonites. It was founded in 1975 to reinvigorate the understanding of and commitment to nonviolence and peacemaking within those faith communities. After 1982, a decision was made to shift the direction of New Call from revitalizing the peace testimony within the historic peace churches to more contact and relationship with other Christian groups open to the search for a more faithful peace witness.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is the official repository for these papers/records.
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- History -- Sources
- Peace -- Study and teaching -- History -- Sources
- Church of the Brethren -- Political activity -- History -- Sources
- Mennonites -- Political activity -- History -- Sources
- Quakers -- Political activity -- History -- Sources
- Historic peace churches -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Peace Movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
- War tax resistance -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
- Copyright to the records created by New Call to Peacemaking by the organization has been transferred to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Copyright to all other materials is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Use Restrictions