Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Begun in 1946 at Northwestern University by a group of five combat veterans and two students, the organization first called itself Students for Federal World Government. All seven founders left the university to promote world government and world citizenship. In 1947, the name was changed to World Republic, and the headquarters moved to Chicago. It was affiliated with the International Registry of World Citizens in Paris.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection