Kathleen Norma Smith Collected Papers
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Kathleen Norma Smith; Kathy Smith; member of U.S. Army Nurse Corps; became a conscientious objector to war; filed her intent for discharge on July 12, 1974, was honorably discharged on October 10, 1974; cited pacifism on Christian principles.
- Conscientious Objectors -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Conscientious Objectors -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Conscientious objection -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- History -- Sources
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Conscientious Objectors -- United States -- Sources
- Pacifists -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research without restrictions.
Collection information not available.