Philadelphia Resistance Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
In Philadelphia, the Resistance grew out of the Vietnam Summer Committee, which worked to educate Philadelphians about U.S. involvement in Vietnam. This was a local group of a national movement aimed at challenging the Selective Service System using complete non-cooperation with the draft.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States -- Sources
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Draft resisters -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Sources
- Draft resisters -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources
- War resistance movements -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- History -- Sources
- War resistance movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection