Philadelphia Peace Council Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Philadelphia Peace Council (1922-1932); founded as the Philadelphia Council for World Peace in 1922; formed to serve as a clearinghouse and coordinating agency for existing groups in the Philadelphia area actively working for peace; reorganized and the name changed to Philadelphia Peace Council in 1925. By 1926 it was composed of 34 organizations; disbanded around 1932. A second Philadelphia Peace Council was organized in 1937 and was active until around 1943. (See separate record for this organization).
Guide to the Swarthmore College Peace Collection, 2nd ed., p. 56.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection