Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The People's Lobby was an organization which campaigned for legislation favorable to people of low incomes and little influence. It advocated the "public ownership of natural resources, natural monopolies, and basic industries". The philosopher John Dewey was associated with the People's Lobby from the late 1920s until about 1939. Its Executive Secretary was Benjamin C. Marsh and its President was James H. McGill. It joined the peace movement in opposing American imperialism and universal military training in peacetime, following World War II. The People's Lobby's headquarters were in Washington, D.C.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection