Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Founded in New York City in 1923 by Edith Clare Bryce Cram (Mrs. J. Sergeant Cram), Peace House was a center for anti-war activities, including lectures, plays and exhibits, and counseling of conscientious objectors. She was a benefactor of the War Resisters League which helped her with peace propaganda, antiwar advertisments, and literature. Correspondents included Jesse Wallace Hughan, Abraham Kaufman, and Frank Olmstead.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection