Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The New History Society was organized in New York City in 1929 as a western-hemisphere center of Bahaism by Mirza Ahmad Sohrab (at one time a secretary to Abdul Baha), and Mr. and Mrs. Lewis Stuyvesant Chanler. The New History Society was ecumenical, international, interracial and pacifist. The Green International movement was its pacifist-environmentalist subsidiary. "Caravans" were established in the 1930s, divided into junior and senior sections.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection