Medgar Evers Fund Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Medgar Evers Fund, Inc.; founded in 1969 by Medgar Evers' brother, Charles Evers, as a memorial to the slain civil-rights activist and his philosophy of nonviolent change and inter-racial justice; the Medgar Evers Fund was formed to assist the citizens of Fayette, Missisippi and surrounding Jefferson County to achieve social and economic justice; headquartered in New York City, with a program office in Fayette, Mississippi.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of the Medgar Evers Fund.
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research without restrictions.