Koinonia Partners Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Koinonia Farm began in 1942 as a Christian community on a farm near Americus, Georgia, by Clarence Jordan and others. Its purpose was communal living as a witness to Christian teachings on peace and brotherhood, and the introduction of scientific farming methods to the area. The community lived in peace with its neighbors in the early years, but eventually became the target of hostility because of its witness against race prejudice. It was renamed Koinonia Partners in 1968.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Christian communities -- Georgia -- History -- Sources
- Communal living -- Georgia -- History -- Sources
- Peace -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- History -- Sources
- Peace Movements -- Georgia -- History -- Sources
- Civil rights -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- History -- Sources
- Race relations -- Georgia -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection