Courage to Resist Collected Records
Held at: Swarthmore College Peace Collection [Contact Us]500 College Avenue, Swarthmore 19081-1399
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Swarthmore College Peace Collection. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
Courage to Resist; founded 2003; based in Oakland, California; a group of concerned community members, veterans and military families supporting military objectors to illegal war and occupation and the policies of empire; its People Power strategy is intended to weaken the pillars that maintain war and occupation in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere by supporting GI resistance, counter-recruitment and draft resistance, which cuts off the supply of troops; autonomous from and independent of any political organization, party or group.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Peace Movements -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Conscientious Objectors -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Selective conscientious objection -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Soldiers -- Political activity -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Government, Resistance to -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Dissenters -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- Access Restrictions
Collection is open for research without restrictions.