Held at: Philadelphia Museum of Art Archives [Contact Us]Philadelphia Museum of Art, PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Philadelphia Museum of Art Archives. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The W. P. Wilstach Collection of art was bequeathed to the city in 1892 following the probate of Anna H. Wilstach's will. Originally administered by the Commissioners of Fairmount Park and a Wilstach Committee, the PMA acquired custodianship in 1917 when Director Langdon Warner was appointed Curator of the Collection. Currently, the Commissioners continue to administer the collection while custody remains with the Museum.
The records include correspondence of the Committee chairmen, the Custodians, and the conservators, lists, and clippings.
These materials were arranged and described by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler. Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art Archives
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Merle Chamberlain and Louise F. Rossmassler
- Finding Aid Date
- Funded by a grant from The Gladys Kriebel Delmas Foundation
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research.
- Use Restrictions
The W.P. Wilstach Collection Records are the physical property of the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Archives. The Museum holds literary rights only for material created by Museum personnel or given to the Museum with such rights specifically assigned. For all other material, literary rights, including copyright, belong to the authors or their legal heirs and assigns. Researchers are responsible for obtaining permission from rights holders for publication and for other purposes where stated.