The Right Angle Club records
Held at: Historical Society of Pennsylvania [Contact Us]1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19107
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Historical Society of Pennsylvania. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Right Angle Club was originally founded as the Philadelphia chapter of the National Exchange Club in 1922. Some members eventually sought independence from the larger organization and created a new social group. The gentlemen of this offshoot named themselves The Right Angle Club in 1931. The Right Angle Club's charter limits its roster to a total of eighty-five members, and membership is by invitation only. The club continues to serve its members today with meetings and luncheons, various social and intellectual events, and philanthropic activities.
This collection of records of The Right Angle Club spans the club's history, from its establishment in 1922 to 2015, though the bulk of the material dates from the 1930s to the late 2000s. Among the items in the collection are minutes, financial records, assorted administrative papers, guest registers, annual reports, member notices, directories and programs, a handful of files from club officials who served in the 1990s and 2000s, papers relating to the club's events, photographs, various descriptions and histories of the club, and a club history scrapbook.
Gift of The Right Angle Club, 2018.
Accession number 2018.035.
- Clubs and Associations--20th Century
- Clubs and associations--Pennsylvania--20th century
- Clubs and Associations--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia
- Clubs and Associations--Philadelphia--20th century
- Clubs and Associations--Social
- Clubs--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--History--20th Century
- Men--Societies and clubs--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--20th century
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Finding Aid Author
- Finding aid prepared by Cary Hutto.
- Finding Aid Date
- ; 2018.
- Processing made possible by a generous donation from The Right Angle Club.
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research.