Main content

Kathleen Hertzberg papers

Notifications

Held at: Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections [Contact Us]370 Lancaster Ave, Haverford, PA 19041

This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.

Overview and metadata sections

Kathleen Hertzberg was a Canadian Quaker. She was born in England, and studied at Woodbrooke, a Quaker College in England. She worked in Germany prior to World War II, helping Jewish people leave the country. During the war, she worked in air-raid shelters in England as a social worker for continental refugees in England. After the war, she was appointed to accompany another Quaker to make the first post-war visits to German Quakers on behalf of the London Yearly Meeting. Kathleen Hertzberg moved to Canada in 1952, and married Dr. Fitz Hertzberg. The couple had three children and lived in Pickering, Ontario. She was an editor of the Canadian Quaker History Journal, and was a co-founder and chariperson of the Canadian Friends Historical Association.

This collection is comprised of the correspondence and typed manuscripts on the Doukhobors, a spiritual Christian group, by Kathleen Hertzberg.

Unknown.

Processed by Kara Flynn; completed February, 2016.

Publisher
Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections
Finding Aid Author
Kara Flynn
Finding Aid Date
February, 2016
Access Restrictions

The collection is open for research use.

Use Restrictions

Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).

Collection Inventory

Correspondence, 1970.
Box 20 Folder 1
Scope and Content note

Kathleen Hertzberg's correspondence with members of the Canadian Yearly Meeting, and the Friends Historical Society.

Manuscripts, Undated.
Box 20 Folder 2
Scope and Content note

Typed essays: "The Douhobors friends of the Quakers," "The Story of the Quakers' Doukhobor School at Petrofka Village."

Print, Suggest