Dover Monthly Meeting records
Held at: Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections [Contact Us]370 Lancaster Ave, Haverford, PA 19041
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
In 1680, after facing challenges from Puritan authorities, Quakers in Dover, New Hampshire, succeeded in establishing a Meeting in the city. In 1768, the Dover Quakers built their third meetinghouse, which remains standing today and is the oldest religious structure in Dover. In 1912, due to declining Quaker populations, the Meeting closed. It reopened in 1955, and continues to meet. The Dover Monthly Meeting exists under the Dover Quarterly Meeting and the New England Yearly Meeting.
This collection is comprised of the records of Dover Monthly Meeting, including meetings and certificates of removal.
The Dover Monthly Meeting records were donated to Special Collections, Haverford College in 1947 by Annie E. Pinkham.
Processed by Kara Flynn; completed January, 2016. Revised by Allison Hall; completed June, 2020.
- Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections
- Finding Aid Author
- Kara Flynn
- Finding Aid Date
- February, 2016
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research use.
- Use Restrictions
Standard Federal Copyright Laws Apply (U.S. Title 17).