Medico-Chirurgical College of Philadelphia records
Held at: Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia [Contact Us]19 South 22nd Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19103
This is a finding aid. It is a description of archival material held at the Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. Unless otherwise noted, the materials described below are physically available in their reading room, and not digitally available through the web.
Overview and metadata sections
The Medico-Chirurgical College of Philadelphia was established in 1881, and offered a three year course of study.
This is a collection of records related to Medico-Chirurgical College of Philadelphia. Materials in the collection include: card files of alumni of the College, including graduates of the Medical College, 1882-1917, dental and pharmacy alumni, and Frankford Hospital Interns, 1914-1937; and reel-to-reel tapes related to the history of the College. Tapes relate to the period from 1848 to 1858. The collection also includes a mounted photograph of the 1903 graduating class of the College with a copy of the commencement program listing graduates. Some students have been identified.
- Historical Medical Library of The College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Finding Aid Date
- This collection-level EAD record is a product of the Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries (PACSCL) Consortial Survey Initiative, which was funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Access Restrictions
The collection is open for research.